Today while reading Stacey's blog I was reminded of the book pictured in the photo above written by Julia Cameron ....I've actually just started reading this book, but had incorporated her suggestion to write morning pages over a year ago when I read The Artist's Way.
In the book The Right to Write, Ms. Cameron speaks of hearing a higher power, and writing down what one hears. Here are some things I have already highlighted as I've read:
- writing is about getting something down, not making something up
- writing is the art of taking dictation, not giving it
- when...I struggle to write, it is because I am trying to speak on the page rather than to listen there
- when writing is rooted in the process of taking down the next thought as it unfolds itself to us, then it is less about our brilliance and more about our accuracy
- the right to write is a birthright, a spiritual dowry
It's not really about us....what we want to say....
Ms. Cameron goes on to say, "Higher forces speak to us through writing. Call them inspiration, the Muses, Angels, God, Hunches, Intuition, Guidance, or simply a good story--whatever you call them, they connect us to something larger than ourselves..."
My own thoughts:
I have a great responsibility when I write.....even when I speak....it is important that I am listening to the right source....for me, just any higher power is not good enough...to those [even me] who read what I write or hear what I speak, it may mean the difference between spiritual life or death...
After all, all spirits are not "created equal" !
I am the Way and the Truth and the Life. John 14:6
I am purposing to listen to the same Spirit He listened to when He walked this earth. Who are you listening to?